- Sen Chuck Schumer raced Sen Mitch McConnell to the podium ahead of the weekly Senate press briefing on Tuesday.
- Video shows McConnell walking toward the podium, but right before he makes it, Schumer swooped in to cut him off.
- McConnell stopped in his tracks and appeared confused before laughing and stepping aside.
- Before starting the briefing, Schumer joked: “The prerogatives of the majority.”
- Once McConnell took over the podium, he told the press, per The Hill: “You all remember what they used to say about Chuck over in the House: You never want to get between Chuck and a camera.”
Watch the clip here:
—The Hill (@thehill) August 3, 2021